[K12OSN] Sound problems

Jomegat jomegat at jomegat.com
Mon Aug 22 13:34:49 UTC 2011

On 08/22/2011 08:50 AM, Gideon Romm wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Jomegat<jomegat at jomegat.com>  wrote:
>
>> [root at monarch ~]# aplay
>> ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
>
> It seems ALSA cannot find card 0.
>
> Did you run this command on the server?

Good question.  I was logged into a TC and opened an xterm.  I THINK
that means I ran the command on the server.  I do not know how to run
anything on the TC, but would appreciate enlightenment.

> If YES =>  the alsa ->  pulseaudio redirection is not configured and you
> need to modify your /etc/asound.conf

This could be it - there is no /etc/asound.conf.  Perhaps I have a
missing package?

> If NO (you ran the command on the thin client) =>  The thin client
> cannot find an appropriate driver for the sound card.

Thanks!

jthomas at bittware.com  http://www.bittware.com    (603) 226-0404 x536
   - Arthur C. Clarke