[K12OSN] Mixed Network configuration woes

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Mon Aug 22 17:41:01 UTC 2011

On 8/22/2011 1:37 PM, Roland Roberts wrote:
> How very bizarre. What I failed to notice is that when I added the
> root-path, and option-128/option-129, the capslock key was NOT left
> flashing. After walking away for a nature call and returning, what do
> I find but the k12osn login screen.
>
> So it appears to be working, but the whacky screen and long delay had
> me confused. The delay IS long, a few minutes. I'm running on gigabit
> ethernet, so I'm not sure why it would be so slow.

Okay, I'm taking a long walk now :-/. The k12osn login screen IS
displaying, but it doesn't respond to keystrokes. And the screen is
flickering significantly suggesting I still have a video issue.

If anyone can give me a clue or point to some tests I can do, I'd
appreciate it.

roland

--
Roland Roberts, PhD