[K12OSN] Sound problems

Jomegat jomegat at jomegat.com
Wed Aug 24 20:20:56 UTC 2011

On 08/24/2011 03:30 PM, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:
> On 8/24/2011 5:16 AM, Jomegat wrote:
>>
>> Thanks to everyone who helped on this. I installed Centos 6 and followed
>> the instructions at https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/InstallGuide
>> - and everything is working swimmingly!
>>
>> Yay! I have so far tested USB flash drives, audio (in and out), flash
>> (no nspluginwrapper). I've tried it with the one of the TC's we are
>> using as well as with three other PC's in my office. It's a nice face
>> lift too BTW.
>>
>> This evening I will deploy.
>>
>> I'd like to especially thank Warran for his work on making that happen.
>>

> https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/2011FundDrive
> Donations are still being accepted. =)

It's on my list of things to donate to.  I just haven't yet figured out
how to make the case to SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed).  Maybe I'll just
donate and then take the heat.

> I am now in a MBA program, and as a class project I plan on
> incorporating K12Linux as a 501(c)3 non-profit. Future donations after
> that point will go 100% to school/library/community center deployments
> or to pay contractors (developers) who implement fixes to LTSP bugs.
>
> For example, I don't have the hardware here to be able to test LTSP
> cluster capability, so I may pay LTSP upstream to implement, test and
> document LTSP cluster for K12Linux.

What do you mean by "LTSP cluster capability?"  Multiple terminal
servers?  What would you need to gain that capability?

jthomas at bittware.com  http://www.bittware.com    (603) 226-0404 x536
Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like
having a peeing section in a swimming pool.