[K12OSN] Local Apps and Firefox 6

Jomegat jomegat at jomegat.com
Sun Aug 28 18:29:20 UTC 2011

On 08/28/2011 02:10 PM, Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 8:11 AM, Jomegat<jomegat at jomegat.com>  wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm planning to run Firefox as a local application and I'm looking for some
>> advice.  First I tried following the instructions at
>> https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/LocalAppsSupport
>
> Not 100% sure as I can't verify this. It's been a while, but check if
> /proc  is mounted inside the chroot. I think you used to have to
>
> mount  /proc
>
> inside the chroot before you do yum install.

If that helped, it didn't help enough:

[root at termserv ~]# cd /opt/ltsp/i386/
[root at termserv i386]# setarch i386 chroot .
bash-4.1# mount /proc
bash-4.1# yum install firefox
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
epel. Please verify its path and try again
bash-4.1#