[K12OSN] EL6 32bit kernel-thinclient config

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Aug 10 03:21:59 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

I managed to get this to build with the RHEL6 kernel sources plus one
patch to workaround Red Hat Bugzilla #729488.  I am now working on
figuring out how to package it in a supportable RPM.

http://togami.com/~warren/temp/config-thin-client.txt
This config file disables PAE, enables nbd.ko, and disables many
components that are irrelevant to thin clients.  So far it shrank the
initramfs image from 16.7MB to 10.7MB.

It still could be reduced further.  I plan on disabling IPv6 and maybe
some individual RAID controller drivers.  Any recommendations of more
options to disable?

Warren