[K12OSN] HELP NEEDED NOW: Need Documentation Testing and Feedback

Warren Togami Jr. warren at togami.com
Fri Aug 12 07:29:58 UTC 2011

On 8/11/2011 8:52 PM, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:
> On 8/11/2011 9:42 AM, Dean Jones wrote:
>> Client will PXE boot and hit TFTP properly but my old thin clients don't
>> like the kernel so I need to work on building a custom one for the
>> chroot.
>
> I created a solution for you.
>
> Upgrade to ltsp-server-5.2.17 then run:
> ltsp-build-client --release 11
>
> You will have a Fedora 11 i586 chroot that is a bit old, but much newer
> than RHEL5 which was based on Fedora 6.
>
> Does this work for your old thin clients?
>
> Warren

https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/InstallGuide
I updated this page to explain in detail the three /opt/ltsp/i386 chroot
install options.

Dean, you have some kind of deployment with multiple parallel /opt/ltsp
chroots?  Did you make a custom dhcpd.conf for this?  It would help the
community if you could provide examples for this page for those who want
parallel chroots for different clients.

Warren