[K12OSN] Need advice on recovering from failed boot disk

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 22:48:38 UTC 2011

On 8/15/2011 5:40 PM, Carl Keil wrote:
> Les Mikesell wrote:
>> (which you deserve for not doing timely 'yum updates'
>
> Y'know, I'd agree with you if I hadn't been doing regular yum updates. I
> was a little surprised to see that 5.6 was the latest stable when I
> started looking around for what to download.

Did you reconfigure your yum repos?  The default k12ltsp repos should
still be working and up to date.   Or are you getting a conflict that
you never fixed?  I sort-of remember having to make a few package
changes over time but I thought is was mostly from new things in EPEL
which I normally keep enabled.

> It's actually been hard to
> find a mirror with 5.3 on it. A bunch of the mirrors have an empty
> directory there.

Normally Centos will just update minor rev numbers automatically.  If
you need anything really old, you can find it http://vault.centos.org.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com