[K12OSN] TC K12LTSP NComputing

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sat Dec 24 15:45:48 UTC 2011

Hello All,

Our school received an NComputing L-300 Terminal . I am not sure how we
even got it? Has anyone on the list here messed with these any? I got it
out of the box, and booted the unit up. It is of course definitely a
'one off' TC.

When booted the monitor does not even get a view for about 90 seconds
then the boot options GUI screen shows up.All that is presented is the
VServer/NComputing configuration,which appears to be a spin off of a
Citrix core?
I haven't been able to find any info if it is possible to get into the
system bios to change any boot options. Can you say pxe boot option? It
appears the unit is simply locked to whatever mobo firmware is on it,and
no system options can be reached via the bios.
These would be a neat unit,beings they are even more compact than the
Ebox2300 units we have .
At this point it appears these will be a no go,for using as an TC for
K12LTSP/K12LINUX.If I am able to do anything with it,I will report back.

Take Care,
Barry