[K12OSN] [ot] rsync option

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 16:26:44 UTC 2011

> Hello list,
>
> This is off topic but hope that  combined list experience may set me on
the right path.

> I want to copy all files from one source with directory and sub-directory
structure to destination but here I want to dump all files into one single
directory.

> Have tried with various options but have not been able to find right
options.

> Or it is just not possible with rsync?
>
> The reason is that I have the servers that contain mostly similar data
with some (relatively speaking) files that were changed while we migrated
from first to second to third.

> Using rsync -u would keep the latest file in the single directory
structure. Later I will create sub directories on the destination do that
each directory contains only one type of files