[K12OSN] Teamviewer via TC specs

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sat Dec 17 18:52:46 UTC 2011

Hello All,

Could someone chime in that is using Teamviewer via a TC in regards to
what the spec of the TC(s) are that work alright.
I use a minimal Ebox 2300 which will in fact run Youtube for example
fine.
The overhead that Teamviewer requires renders the Ebox almost unusable
for running Teamviewer. The graphics simply will not render at a useable
rate, very very delayed. I even tried terminal server to a Windows 2003
server, then Teamviewer into the remote PC,but this is even worse. The
graphics through the Windows 2003 server display you can 'paint' the
'remote' desktop with your cursor.
This is almost a must have app for troubleshooting shot PC's remotely.
The hassle with having RDP enabled , firewall and on and on,on the
remote machine ,etc,sure makes Teamviewer a very nice solution
Anyone care to comment?

Thanks,
Barry