[K12OSN] How to update K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-32bit chroot

Stephen Kerr skerr at rx30.com
Tue Feb 8 17:36:10 UTC 2011

I have a number of kickstarts based on centos 5.4 deployed to my
customers.  many of them have jammin tc's that they connect sheetfed
scanners to. I was able migrate the chroot and tftpboot kernels from the
k12 iso to my kickstart image without any issues.

 we were using the avision av210c2 and everything worked great.
Unfortunately, as manufacturers often do, they discontinued that model
and we are now getting av210D2+ models. that required an upgrade to the
sane-backend. we were able to hack together an rpm which runs fine on
the server. scanner works. i cant however get the backend to work on the
jammin , primarily due to libc, hence my desire to upgrade the jail.

I tried the same method of moving the chroot and kernels with the fed9
and fed10 ltsp packages, but i am having issues with the tc's dhcp call
after it loads the kernel image connecting on standard port 67 instead
of my alt 1067. I tried kludging the fed9 and k12 chroots and managed to
get it to give me a telnet login prompt but I am having a prob loading
an x desktop. x runs, a conn to port 7100 is established, but i have a
problem with ldm loading a desktop.

It doesnt matter to me what method i get working, updating the chroot on
the centos iso or migrating the chroot and kernels from a fedora distro
as long as i can get an x desktop and my scanner to work.