[K12OSN] How to update K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-32bit chroot

Stephen Kerr skerr at rx30.com
Wed Feb 9 21:49:23 UTC 2011

got you. thats what i was doing with the f10 prebuilt chroot. just
renaming the original ltsp and dropping the f10 one in. i did the same
with the kernels under tftpboot.

it seems like thefed ltsp root work alot differently. unlike the centos
root, i could see fed10 aquiring the image on the desired port 1067,
load, then make a second dhclient call back to standard 67. i managed to
get that squared away , telnet worked but x was broken.  got x working
but ldm wasnt loading.

put that aside, got a pristine cent ltsp box back up moved moved most of
lib   lib/modules lib/udev /usr/lib from the fed root in,  kept existing
X and shell scripts and binaries. might be missing a couple of things.
tc came up without error. basic functionality ok. ran scanimage from tc
shell, not perfect but it saw the device and pulled the paper thru on
the old scanner. gonna bolt this on top of my kickstart, load the
sane-backend required for the new scanner and see what happens.