[K12OSN] How to update K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-32bit chroot

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Thu Feb 10 23:17:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 03:59:59PM -0500, Stephen Kerr wrote:
> I gave the LBE link a quick read and it looks very promising. are there
> any practical limitations to kernels and package lists ? in other words
> would it be practical using LBE to build a chroot on the almost mythical
> centos 6 distribution when it comes out ?

I don't know the answer to your specific question, but I can tell you
this:  The reason the LTSP developers don't do things "the LTSP 4.2 way"
anymore is because it was too much work for them to keep up with.  "The
LTSP 5 way" allows them to offload much of the work onto the various
distributions.

So it seems that the LTSP devs did not change ways because of a technical
limitation.  I can't say for sure that there aren't any technical
limitations, but if you wanted to find out you might do better asking on
the ltsp-discuss list.  Several of the devs monitor that list.  There is
also a guy who has configured CentOS with LTSP 5.

-Rob