[K12OSN] Any New K12LTSP deployments

Jeff Siddall news at siddall.name
Fri Jan 14 02:35:39 UTC 2011

On 01/11/2011 10:51 PM, Sudev Barar wrote:
> On 12 January 2011 04:38, Terrell Prude' Jr. <microman at cmosnetworks.com> wrote:
>> The "problem" is that K12LTSP 5EL was done so doggone well (thank you,
>> Eric!) that I haven't had to replace it anywhere.  It still gets the job
>> done in fine fashion.
>
> +1 for that. And in low cost situations it is not the latest greatest
> that is being looked at.

Yes, but... no sound is a showstopper for me, and IIRC localapps, local
devices, compositing etc. didn't exist/work either, and then of course
there are all the old desktops/apps (ex: KDE3).  I use all those things
on my F13 K12Linux setup.

Honestly I really don't have any complaints with Fedora either.  Sure it
has a few bleeding edge problems, but the platform as a whole has been
rock solid.  I have _never_ in the year and a half since I set it up had
any unplanned downtime, and the uptime is usually into the hundreds of
days before I need to reboot to install a new kernel or something.

Now, if someone would build a stable 6EL based LTSP5!

Jeff