[K12OSN] [X post] Settings for APN

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 04:57:58 UTC 2011

On 27 January 2011 22:23, Terrell Prude' Jr. <microman at cmosnetworks.com> wrote:
> So this is an Apple iPhone that you're trying to hook up?

No, it is a remote reporting device. Please consider this input
example for GPRS service as needed by GSM provider (rather than
Vodaphone one that I gave)

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Carrier_APN_Settings#QTel_.28QATAR.29

The device I have has field inputs only for APN, user name. password
and DNS. No fields for proxy:port address.

Unfortunately I am not in Qatar and the person there is not proficient
enough to put questions to the service helpline to get me an answer.

I was thinking of using something like apn:proxy:port in the filed for
APN. Will this work?

I know this is off topic to list but thanks for inputs either ways.
--
Regards,
Sudev Barar

PS: Replying using bottom post/in-line post makes email conversations
whole lot easier for meaningful dialogue. Snip out what is not
relevant. Adopt this and spread the message.