[K12OSN] OT: Firewall solution suggestion

Terrell Prude' Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sun Jan 16 05:41:03 UTC 2011

Posts don't need to pertain specifically to K12LTSP/K12Linux.  We're
about FOSS in K-12 schools, so this definitely applies.  And it's great
that you could save all that coin with FOSS.  Right now, every dime counts.

But I do have a couple of questions.  I use OpenBSD's PF firewall code
(similar to, but much easier syntax to read than, iptables), so I'm
wondering what advantage pfSense gives over something like OpenBSD PF.

Second, I was looking for screenshots of pfSense on their Web site.
Unfortunately, the pfSense folks put their screenshot gallery in the
proprietary Adobe Flash format instead of something FOSS-friendly like
JPEG's.  I know, not your doing, but what the heck would any FOSS
project do something that inane for?

--TP