[K12OSN] [X post] Settings for APN

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 05:47:12 UTC 2011

This may not be strictly on topic but with diverse experience this
group has I am hoping I would get some answers / pointers.

I have a device that sends data using GPRS/GSM carrier. It has
following fields for settings:

APN:
Username:
Password:
Name Servers:

With my current service provider these are sufficient. (See Airtel
settings http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Carrier_APN_Settings#AirTel
) and the GPRS is working

What it does not have are these fields:
Proxy serv. Address:
Proxy Port number:

I need these for using Vodaphone network (See Vodaphone
http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Carrier_APN_Settings#VODAFONE )

I am confused as how to pass on the proxy settings. Can I use
something like user at proxy:port in users name field?

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar

PS: Replying using bottom post/in-line post makes email conversations
whole lot easier for meaningful dialogue. Snip out what is not
relevant. Adopt this and spread the message.