[K12OSN] New Building's LTSP Server -- NEW WRINKLE

Joseph Bishay joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 12:30:21 UTC 2011

Good day,

Thanks for the fixed link.

I certainly will load up the RAM as much as I can in the machines as I
test them.  With respect to the network cards, I am lucky as these
donated machines came with dual NICs on the motherboard plus a PCI-E
Intel Dual-NIC card so 4 gigabit NICs total on each.

I will spend some time doing some tests to determine how many clients
these machines can handle, etc.  I wonder is there a benchmark tool I
can use to give me a way to compare the different machines'
capability?  I didn't want to run around logging into the different
thin clients and running all the different applications (hmm..maybe I
should start a new thread about benchmarking?).

Thanks!
Joseph