[K12OSN] Poll: Priorities?

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Jun 20 16:26:17 UTC 2011

In terms of supporting existing client hardware bases, I think the
remote swap support may be important. I've seen plenty of terminals
run out of RAM due to big pixmaps in Firefox. This rather unpleasant
with no swap.

Any other options for remote swap? iSCSI?

I understand NBD via a kernel rebuild for the clients is an ongoing
maintenance burden... Any chance we could persuade someone to do an
ELRepo.org NBD package? I have only a vague notion of what's involved
with that.

Thanks Warren,

--
Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>