Re: [K12OSN] Server sending excessive "GetProperty" requests

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Jeff Siddall <news siddall name> wrote:
On 05/30/2011 12:21 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> Cosmic ray ionized air next to ram and caused a few bits to flip. ECC
> ram helps this but things can still go wonky.
> IBM did a study on cosmic ray damage to computer memory and they were
> astounded at the failure rate. That's why IBM servers have such thick
> metal cases made from steel and not aluminum.

Yeah but...

It is doing the exact same thing again today.  Both server and clients
rebooted due to power outage since the last time.  Odds of cosmic rays
hitting the exact same bits in RAM to cause the exact same issue a week
apart are poor enough that I think this is a bug.

Or bad ram.

All clients or just one?

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing it?

Thanks,

Jeff