Re: [K12OSN] [Ltsp-discuss] K12ltsp USB key LDAP

On 6/6/2011 8:31 PM, Olivier PUYGRANIER wrote:
Hello Dear K12 users,

I have a problem with usb keys.
My k12ltsp is on CENTOS and i use it in a school.
It is connected on an external LDAP.
The homes are on the LDAP.
When i put an usb key on a thin client, it create an empty folder and don't show the content of the key.
I have this error message:
  /usr/sbin/lbus_event_handler.sh add block /tmp 1024 Temp
mkdir: ne peut créer le répertoire `/home/olivier.puygranier/Drives//tmp': Le fichier existe.
fusermount: failed to open mountpoint for reading: Permission denied

I have put the users in the fuse group.
Fuse is loaded.

Have you any suggestion?

Have a nice day
Best regards
  Olivier

K12LTSP based on CentOS 5 (EL5)?

IIRC, that is the very old LTSPv4 which did not have remote USB storage support. LTSPv5 supports ltspfs for remote USB storage.

https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/RHEL5Server
Years ago I made this incomplete and experimental LTSPv5 for EL5. ltspfs remote USB wouldn't work because it lacks fuse kernel modules. In any case EL5-based LTSPv5 was not supportable because of several missing pieces in the base distribution.

https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/2011FundDrive
https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/EL6Status
Please follow the development of K12Linux EL6 which aims to make LTSPv5 fully supported on EL6 (CentOS6 isn't released yet). K12Linux EL6 will be a LTSP distribution with updates through the year 2017.

In a few days I will be releasing the first private beta of K12Linux EL6 to the 14 project sponsors. Currently ltspfs is broken on K12Linux EL6. I am attempting to fix it before the private beta.