[K12OSN] Poll: Priorities?

Warren Togami Jr. warren at togami.com
Tue Jun 21 06:12:29 UTC 2011

On 6/20/2011 1:37 PM, Brian Fristensky wrote:
> I'll elaborate on my reasons for wanting to use LTSP on Fedora 14,
> because they speak to bigger issues. The short answer is: to buy time.
>
> First, it looks like Fedora 15 will be a show-stopper for LTSP on
> Fedora. I need
> to upgrade from Fedora 13, so 14 is the only thing I can upgrade to. I
> have already
> gotten Warren's LTSP beta working on a Fedora 14 laptop with only a few
> tweaks,
> so upgrading my server buys me another 6 months of so before having to
> make a
> major decision about where to jump after Fedora 14.

BTW, what is wrong with EL6 server-side?  It has OpenOffice 3.2.1, is
that adequate?

I'm experimenting now with building Fedora 14 /opt/ltsp/i386 on EL6
server.  Given that Fedora 14 has an optional non-PAE i686 kernel with
nbd already built in, it might be a decent short-term solution until we
figure out the most sustainable long-term solution.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com