[K12OSN] Laser Printer super-slow?

Barry Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Mon Jun 27 12:49:28 UTC 2011

Joseph,

I just happened to look at your initial post here in regards to your
Laserjet printer being so slow. I did not pay close enough attention the
first time i read it, I guess.
Seeing now that you have this printer attached via an parallel port
cable this is probably almost to be expected in regards to print out
speed of pdf's.
Does this old printer provide an usb port by chance? If so,,this would
speed up the print spool considerably. I am guessing the printer is old
enough an usb interface was not thought of..:)
You should try upgrading the printer driver to the hplip driver (from
the foomatic you have listed) and you  would see a tiny bit of
performance increase as the printer sits now.
Let us know your findings.

Take Care,
Barry