[K12OSN] Fresh Install on Dell PowerEdge T110

Alan Hodson ahodson at elp.rr.com
Sun Mar 20 02:52:06 UTC 2011

Thanks Barry for your comments. Over the years you've seen my queries
and an occasional how-to post. I've done _many_ webmin batch installs,
and I've never had to change a password setting - in fact the batch has
student ID# as passwords, and that does not fit the criteria of
encrypted password. I'll try it anyhow. I wasn't getting invalid
password entries. I was being able to enter the info, and after
rebooting, they did not appear as login names - very strange!

Regarding the load times, yes, I am using el cheapo unmanaged switch (I
am a non-Wi$con$in educator), but your NBD/swap entry peaked my
curiosity... Fedora 10 loaded both gnbd-utils and nbd itself, but I am
at a loss on how to setup any of the Thin Clients for this possible
major-time-saving approach. Any more specific suggestions/help?

As usual, thanks - You are THE MAN!