[K12OSN] LTSP 5.2.4.5 - lts.conf is not read

Brian Fristensky bfristen at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 24 19:41:49 UTC 2011

Thanks, Dan. It turned out that a simple reboot of the server
got rid of this error, but that is with the proviso that
SE-Linux is turned disabled. My understanding of SE Linux
is minimal, but I it may be that during the reboot it
relabled some files.

I never had the problem
of being unable to run ltsp-build-client, even when SE linux
was running.

Dan Young wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Brian Fristensky<bfristen at shaw.ca>  wrote:
>
>> passwd: unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023 is not
>> authorized to change the password of root
>>
>> My gut feeling is that this is an SE_Linux message, but I've disabled
>> SE_Linux.
>> Does this message look familiar to anyone?
>>
> Maybe this?
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ltsp/+bug/667378
>
> The unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0 bit refers to SELinux
> labeling. Can you run
> sestatus and post the output?
>
> --
> Dan Young<dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>