[K12OSN] New thin client recommendations

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon May 9 14:45:24 UTC 2011

On 5/9/2011 8:57 AM, Jeff Siddall wrote:
> On 05/07/2011 01:43 PM, David Hopkins wrote:
>> I am currently using Edubuntu 9.10 and will move to either CentOS 6
>> with LTSP 5.2 or Edubuntu latest version over the summer, depending on
>> what is available.
>
> Hmmm... Not sure about edubuntu but I always found Ubuntu's kernels were
> awfully old -- really that is the main reason I went to Fedora in the
> first place!

I've always looked at kernels as standardized interfaces to hardware and
don't see much reason to change until the hardware is replace with
something unsupported (other than bug fixes which are more likely to be
done correctly for old versions than new ones that will bring new bugs).
  What new kernel features can't you live without?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com