[K12OSN] sudden apearance of X errors

Julius Szelagiewicz julius at turtle.com
Tue May 10 03:22:22 UTC 2011

Dear Folks,
	I googled and googled and noodled and noodled, to no avail. On one
of my LTSP Centos 5.6 servers I started to get the
"gdm_slave_xioerror_handler: Fatal X error - Restarting"

It happens on all the terminals and what's worse, there were no changes in
configs made on that server. The terminals are unusable because they go
into X restart within a minute of login. Changing to KDE makes no
difference. I looked for obvious culprits like no disk space and xfs not
running. I've set USE_XFS = N, just to be safe. I've run a full yum
update, to no avail. Ideas, please?

Julius