[K12OSN] Plans for K12Linux EL6 and Future Fedora

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu May 12 12:20:04 UTC 2011

http://www.norhtec.com/products/index.html

The MicroClient JrMx is outstanding at $150
They also have the Gecko laptop at $199 that just screams lightweight Linux
school tool.

When I was closing out after the APS project, the MicroClient Jr was what we
were evaluating as a clear replacement for the HP stuff APS bought.

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 7:52 AM, Rob Owens <rowens at ptd.net> wrote:

> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 09:49:42PM -0400, Jeff Siddall wrote:
> > Even if new clients were required to keep things running for another
> > seven years (is that really so bad?), it's literally a matter of $86 per
> > machine to get an 1.66 GHz Atom D410 and 1 GB DDR2 RAM from newegg.com.
> >  Some searching could probably find some even cheaper options.
> >
> Jeff, could you give me some part numbers or links at newegg?  Or is
> this not including a case, power supply, etc?

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky*