[K12OSN] unmounting an usb drive with ltsp

Gianugo Altieri gianugo.altieri at gmail.com
Mon May 16 11:23:05 UTC 2011

On 05/16/2011 01:06 PM, Barry Cisna wrote:
> Francois,
>
> What distribution of K12LTSP are you using? 32-bit,64-bit?
> Any usb stick that is inserted should be auto mounted, auto
> unmounted(once pulled out) into a thin client machine.
> Have you done an yum update after installing the original OS?
> Have you tried multiple thin clients and different usb sticks to have a
> comparison against name brands yet?
> This should work transparently without any user intervention.
>
> Barry

     Dear All,

     exactly the same thing described by Francois happens with us too.
When we transfer stuff onto the USB sticks, it takes some time to write,
and, of course, we wait, but there is no indication when process is over
and there is no viable procedure to safely pull the stick off. The
result is that many times data on the stick appear corrupt and
unreadable when transferred onto other machines.
     Our configuration is K12linux on F12, 32bit and we use sticks from
Kingston and Transcend.

     Best
     Gianugo Altieri

     Micro Bio Devices