[K12OSN] K12Linux EL6 Fund Drive : $750 Pledged from 11 Donors

Warren Togami Jr. warren at togami.com
Sun May 22 20:57:49 UTC 2011

On 5/22/2011 8:26 AM, John Oligario wrote:
> Bait and switch, lol
>
> John Oligario |  Senior Information Systems Support Technician  |
> IslandWood | T 206.855.4308 | F 206.855.4301 | M  206.724.4556

Let's just say I'm being realistic.  After years of asking this
community in vain for volunteers to help in software development, I've
received almost none.  You folks are benefiting substantially from LTSP,
and this is asking a tiny price for a stable and well maintained distro
that receives updates through year 2017.  The amount of work necessary
amounts to less than minimum wage, especially since I am willing for the
majority of donations to go to the charity, not myself.

I'm surprised even this many people expressed willingness to donate.
And this is without any effort to broadcast to the wider Fedora
community or corporate sponsors.  This seems achievable.

Warren