[K12OSN] K12Linux EL6 Preliminary Feasibility Assessment

Jeff Siddall news at siddall.name
Sun May 22 20:58:10 UTC 2011

> What kind of client hardware do you have?

Mostly Intel D945GSEJTs.  I do have a few D945GCLFs, D510MOs and
D410PTs, and even some VIA LN10000EGs also although I don't have
speakers hooked up to any of those so I don't know if the sound works.

> What distro were you using?

Two systems, both F13.  One has:

# rpm -qa | grep  ltsp
ltsp-server-5.1.95-1.fc13.i686
ltspfsd-0.5.13-1.fc12.i686
ltsp-vmclient-5.1.95-1.fc13.i686
ltspfs-0.5.13-1.fc12.i686
vnc-ltsp-config-4.0-7.fc12.noarch
ltsp-client-5.1.95-1.fc13.i686

# rpm -q kdebase
kdebase-4.5.4-1.fc13.i686

with a chroot:

# cat /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/fedora-release
Fedora release 13 (Goddard)

The other:

# rpm -qa | grep  ltsp
ltsp-vmclient-5.1.95-1.fc13.i686
vnc-ltsp-config-4.0-7.fc12.noarch
ltsp-server-5.1.95-1.fc13.i686
ltspfsd-0.5.13-1.fc12.i686
ltsp-client-5.1.95-1.fc13.i686
ltspfs-0.5.13-1.fc12.i686

# rpm -q kdebase
kdebase-4.5.3-1.fc13.i686

with a chroot:

# cat /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/fedora-release
Fedora release 12 (Constantine)

I also run mythfrontend as a localapp on the first system.  The audio
sync is a bit off there but I am guessing that is due to running it as a
localapp because kmplayer player run on the server seems to have pretty
good audio sync.  Any tips on how to adjust audio delay on localapps
would be much appreciated

Hope that helps.

Jeff