[K12OSN] java intensive websites

Barry Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Tue May 24 18:08:31 UTC 2011

This is somewhat of a re posting from something I posted quite sometime
back. Has anyone ever come up with a good thin client in the k12ltsp
environment that works good with java intensive web sites.
Case in point. If I try and browse searchtempest.com which is a crawler
site for craigslist it brings the tc's we use to almost a standstill at
some points. I know this shouldn't be a school used site,,but this is
one of the most sluggish sites I have tried to use in the k12ltsp
scenario.
I/we have tried various versions of FF as well as upgrading/downgrading
java versions and it appears versioning numbers makes very little
difference in the TC's behaviour.
Just curious if anyone has figured a good workaround other than running
a fat client to circumvent this situation.

Thanks,
Barry