[K12OSN] EL6 Status TODOs

Burke Almquist burke at thealmquists.net
Wed May 25 03:03:06 UTC 2011

> (MODERATE) Network Configuration documentation sucks so much that it confused even Warren as he forgot how to add an ethX to the ltspbr0 bridge manually. May require development of better tools to make it less of a crappy manual configuration process.

Were you looking at this?
https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/NetworkSetup

If anyone has suggestions for making this clearer, please feel free to share.

No matter how good the setup tool is, we have no way of knowing if they are using one, two, or more network cards, using VLANS, using a windows DHCP server, etc.
I think that is why we stuck with manual configuration using a bridge, it's also one reason the documentation is so crappy and confusing, since there are so many possible scenarios to cover.