[K12OSN] local machine logon after pxe boot

John Oligario johno at islandwood.org
Thu May 5 19:40:55 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I have systems which are pxe booting. What I want to be able to do is
access the local version of linux after system boot to pxe. By pressing
ctrl-alt-f1 you can get to a terminal login screen on tty1.

What I do not know is the login name and password, anyone ever try to
run mplayer or the like remotely this way while pxe booting?

John Oligario |  Senior Information Systems Support Technician  |
IslandWood <http://www.islandwood.org>  | T 206.855.4308 | F
206.855.4301 |

"The mission of IslandWood is to provide exceptional learning
experiences and to inspire lifelong environmental and community
stewardship."