[K12OSN] Pledge Drive for K12Linux EL6

Warren Togami Jr. warren at togami.com
Tue May 17 20:06:20 UTC 2011

On 5/17/2011 6:24 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
>   I am very willing to add technical capabilities to this effort.
> Additionally, I can add documentation abilities as well (I've used
> publican before and am moderately versed in docbook). Also, I do have a
> small pile of servers, mostly 32-bit, some 64, and a small pile of
> assorted "school style" hardware as well as a few newer thin client tiny
> box devices from after my days doing K12LTSP at APS that can be put back
> to use as test platforms.

Testing of different "school style" client hardware will be very useful.
  But keep in mind the Phase II hardware compatibility will be somewhat
limited for client hardware because i686 with PAE is the minimum with
unmodified EL6.

> I am also very willing to provide hosting for finished code, development
> code, git, trac, wiki, what ever is needed to help this process.

We have hosting resources for everything already.  k12linux.org is
hosted by the infrastructure team of fedoraproject.org where we can have
trac, wiki, git and mirroring resources.  We will probably need more
mirrors.

Warren