[K12OSN] Warren's terms

Alan Hodson aahodson at episd.org
Wed May 18 12:06:53 UTC 2011

I value Warren's time and talent, so I commit to $100 towards the cause, and encourage others to do likewise. I am retiring at the end of this school year, so perhaps I will have some time to donate for documentation purposes also. Over the years, I have grown professionally and more importantly, thousands of El Paso ISD (TX) students have benefited from K12LTSP and the support provided by volunteers, so this is like payback time. I'm glad to do it.

Alan A Hodson MEd.
Instructional Applications Analyst
El Paso Independent School District
oF: 915-887-6871 fX: 915-772-4016 Nxt:915-892-0389
aahodson at episd.org - http://links.episd.org/
Open Source Proponent - http://tinyurl.com/3e4sh8

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away
-=o=-

----- 8>< -----
Hi Folks,

I am capable of making an EL6-based LTSP.  But I have significant doubts
that this community is worthwhile to create this software suite.  Even
years ago when LTSP was more relevant, I completely failed to recruit
additional volunteers to help develop Fedora LTSP.  Furthermore I am now
reminded how thankless this job is, where I receive mostly grief and
unrealistic expectations from people who contribute nothing.

So here's the deal.  I am willing to do this project in phases if we
have a combination of donations and volunteers willing to write formal
documentation.

Phase I: Feasibility Assessment