[K12OSN] K12Linux EL6 Preliminary Feasibility Assessment

Jomegat jomegat at jomegat.com
Sun May 22 21:55:52 UTC 2011

On 05/21/2011 01:51 AM, Burke Almquist wrote:
> I guess my question is, who on the list is still using clients that aren't i686?
> How many of them do you have, what are they, how long do you plan to keep using them, and are they even powerful enough for LTSP5?
> Is lack of i586 support a deal breaker for anyone on the list, especially those who have pledged, or are considering pledging to this project?

All six of my clients are 586's, and our teacher is agitating for
Windows.  Right now she's being told "there is no money," and I know
that if I open the door of getting new HW, I will lose the software
battle.  But EL5 has been working for me, and maybe in three years
things will be different.

Jim Thomas            jomegat at jomegat.com
"And" is a word that should never be used at the beginning of a sentence.