[K12OSN] How can I force ltsp clients to power off?

Phydeaux reb at taco.com
Sun May 29 14:36:05 UTC 2011

Hi!

After spending a couple of hours cleaning the dust out of our client machines
and reading the discussions here about power savings, it occurs to me that
I'm missing something.  Despite my encouraging both students and teachers to
turn off our client machines at the end of each day, nothing is ever turned
off.

How can I force our ltsp client machines to power off?  I'm happy to pick a
timeframe of two or three hours of inactivity. At that point I don't really
care what the machine is doing -- I just want it off.  I would imagine that
there is some way to set this within the client image (not that I care
where it is set).  I've done some digging and have not found any way of
doing this, though.

We're running ltsp5 on Fedora 13, if it matters.

Help!

reb