[K12OSN] Webpage tanking TC

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 14:10:06 UTC 2011

Best solution I've found is making sure the TCs that can be fat are fat,
and as such run java/flash/html5 on the client itself rather than on the
server where multiple copies are always bound to jam performance... Also...
the bigger your pipeline the better... gigabit to every client works
wonders, if u cant do that, dual gigabit on the server to 2 seperate
switches also helps... 2 gigabit network internals I mean...

I just setup a school albeit be it ubuntu, and 60% of clients are fat, it
helped a lot of things, not just stability, but speed, persistence if
server reboots, etc...

kind regards,
David Van Assche