[K12OSN] Run a localapp with realtime scheduling?

I am continuing my quest to get pulseaudio-equalizer to work on thin clients and am almost there.

I set sound=false on the clients then fire up pulseaudio as a localapp which autostarts when the user logs in with this command:

ltsp-localapps /usr/bin/pulseaudio -n \
--exit-idle-time=-1 \
--high-priority \
--log-target=syslog \
-L "module-esound-protocol-tcp auth-anonymous=1" \
-L "module-native-protocol-tcp auth-anonymous=1"

Then I can run pulseaudio-equalizer-gtk as a localapp and adjust the equalizer.

Excellent!

The only issue I still have is that pulseaudio on the client when started with ltsp-localapps is not given realtime priority so the audio can get choppy. I can see the pulseaudio daemon requesting RT but getting permission denied.

Back in Fedora there used to be a pulse-rt group that you had to add the user to to make this happen but that no longer exists in SL6.

One ugly option I suspect may work is to setuid on the chroot pulseaudio binary but is there a cleaner way?

Thanks,

Jeff