[K12OSN] Change plymouth theme on client?

I created a new plymouth theme that I want to use on my SL6.1 thin clients. In the chroot I ran plymouth-set-default-theme and it reports that the new theme is the default. However, when the client boots it still shows the standard SL6 two-step theme. Interestingly, if I give it the three finger salute from a text console while with the LDM login screen up it _does_ show my new theme while restarting so it seems the theme itself is OK.

I am guessing the bootup plymouth stuff is loaded in the initramfs. I tried running dracut inside the chroot but it bombed with an error about not finding /lib/modules/2.6.32-131.12.1.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for getting the bootup plymouth to use the new theme also?

Thanks,

Jeff