Re: [K12OSN] Change plymouth theme on client?

On 11/24/2011 5:07 PM, Jeff Siddall wrote:
I created a new plymouth theme that I want to use on my SL6.1 thin
clients. In the chroot I ran plymouth-set-default-theme and it reports
that the new theme is the default. However, when the client boots it
still shows the standard SL6 two-step theme. Interestingly, if I give it
the three finger salute from a text console while with the LDM login
screen up it _does_ show my new theme while restarting so it seems the
theme itself is OK.

I am guessing the bootup plymouth stuff is loaded in the initramfs. I
tried running dracut inside the chroot but it bombed with an error about
not finding /lib/modules/2.6.32-131.12.1.

Did you try ltsp-rewrap-latest-kernel within the chroot? That runs dracut with the desired parameters.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for getting the bootup
plymouth to use the new theme also?

After the initramfs inside the chroot is regenerated, run ltsp-update-kernels ON THE HOST which copy from your chroot's /boot to your tftp directories.

If you get this working, could you write a short guide on how you did it? This would be great for others in the community to learn how to customize their own boot images.

Warren