[K12OSN] Problems loading Kernel on new install

Steve skerr at rx30.com
Fri Oct 21 16:14:33 UTC 2011

Its there, in fact in my last revision, I accidentally have it twice.
once as a global and specified under the
workstation parameters. Ill include it in case there is anything helpful.

I also just captured a packet dump. I have a couple udp packets covering
the dhcp negotiation, then its all tftp
beginning with a request from the client to read the specified kernel on
the server and ending with an ack from
  the client to a kernel data send from the server, and thats it.

rpcinfo seems to indicate nfs is ok, exports is configured wide open as
per doc. firewall stopped. selinux disabled.
even set /opt 777

One thing Im curious about. What determines where the client sees
lts.conf ?  I notice its now under /var/lib/tftpboot,
the lts.conf in the chroot is empty, whereas in 4.2 it read the version
in the chroot.

Heres the dhcpd.conf file. I've made a number of revisions, from going
with the default to using the workstation defs
as specified on the wiki when using a fedora 11 chroot.

Again this is an attempt at a mixed network setup. TC's have been
factory flashed to work over 1067. I have ltsp-dhcp disabled
dhcp args set to 1067 under sysconfig and bridge removed. per netstat ,
and log files were listening ok on the server.

# Sample configuration file for LTSP dhcpd
# The goal of this provided dhcpd.conf is to boot as many different
clients as possible without manual configuration.
# Some clients cannot be booted with this, and you will need to create
your own custom dhcpd.conf.
# Some more complex network topologies will also need a custom dhcpd.conf.
#

default-lease-time            21600;
max-lease-time                21600;
ddns-update-style none;
allow booting;
allow bootp;

option subnet-mask            255.255.255.0;
option broadcast-address      10.10.0.255;
option routers                10.10.0.58;
option domain-name-servers    10.10.0.58;
next-server                   10.10.0.58;
option domain-name            "ltsp";
option option-128 code 128 = string;
option option-129 code 129 = text;
option root-path             "10.10.0.58:/opt/ltsp/fed11-i386";
option option-221 code 221 = text;
option option-128 e4:45:74:68:00:00;
option option-129 "DPORT=1067";
get-lease-hostnames             true;

shared-network WORKSTATIONS {
   subnet 10.10.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
      range dynamic-bootp 10.10.0.62 10.10.0.65;
      use-host-decl-names       on;
      option log-servers        10.10.0.58;

   }
}

## example configurations for specifying specific kernels to specific
clients
## These examples below are VERY OLD, uncertain if they work
group    {
     use-host-decl-names       on;
     option log-servers        10.10.0.58;

     host lt01 {
         hardware ethernet     00:13:90:02:7f:11;
         fixed-address
lt01;                                                ###   ip of lt01
specified in hosts
         filename              "/ltsp/fed11-i386/wraplinux-nbi.ltsp";
         option root-path      "10.10.0.58:/opt/ltsp/fed11-i386";
     }
#    host ws002 {
#        hardware ethernet     00:D0:09:30:6A:1C;
#        fixed-address         172.31.100.2;
#        filename              "/ltsp/vmlinuz.ltsp";
#        option option-128 e4:45:74:68:00:00;
#        option option-129 "NIC=ne";
#    }
#    host ws003 {
#        hardware ethernet     00:D0:09:30:28:B2;
#        fixed-address         172.31.100.3;
#        # kernels are specified in /tftpboot/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.cfg/
#        filename              "/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.0";
#    }

# Apple Specific Settings
#    host ws007 {
#       hardware ethernet     00:30:65:69:23:60;
#       fixed-address         172.31.100.4;
#       option root-path      "172.31.100.254:/opt/ltsp/ppc";
##       filename              "yaboot";
#       option vendor-class-identifier "AAPLBSDPC";
#    }
}