[K12OSN] What is important to you?

Warren Togami Jr. warren at togami.com
Thu Oct 27 04:57:11 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

This Christmas I will have a break from grad school to focus on LTSP.
It is my intent to fix a few problems to make an official (non-beta)
release of K12Linux EL6.  The last step will be to make a LiveDVD so you
can install a pre-configured LTSP server complete with /opt/ltsp/i386.

Before I begin work again, I need your feedback.  What is important to you?

https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/EL6Status
Phase 4 as written on this page lists the components I will attempt to
fix before rolling the LiveDVD.

* Anything else you think is vitally important to fix before we remove
the "Beta" tag?  Currently the broken NBD boot in SL6 is the only
"regression" from K12Linux Fedora circa-2009.  Unfortunately... I have
NO CLUE what the issue here is.  It seems to work on some clients and
broken on others.

* Are non-English users out there happily using non-US keyboard layouts
with K12Linux EL6?  If so, please let us know your configurations so we
can document it as examples for other users.

* Beyond the SL6 LiveCD, what Desktop applications should I install by
default in the K12Linux EL6 LiveDVD?

* IMPORTANT: Which operating system should be /opt/ltsp/i386?  Fedora
11?  14?  SL6?

Warren