[K12OSN] What is important to you?

Josh Malone jmalone at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 27 15:38:35 UTC 2011

On 27.10.2011 10:06, Jeff Siddall wrote:
> On 10/27/2011 09:27 AM, Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
>> My $.02 - use SL6 for LTSP kernel - long life rules.
>> julius
>
> Seconded.  I don't want to have to maintain separate distributions
> for the client if I don't have to.

And third. We're an RHEL6 shop and SL6 is nice for the client chroot
for us, too.

Also:

> High on my list are some things that are low on yours:
>
>1. Make KDE, XFCE, LXDE auto-detect the USB storage plug event
>	-Since I don't run Gnome on any of my clients this is
>       significant

Second, too. Gnome just doesn't like living in an NFS-homedir setup
with people logging in on >1 machine. KDE works fine, however.

-Josh

        Joshua Malone       Systems Administrator
      (jmalone at nrao.edu)    NRAO Charlottesville
         434-296-0263           www.nrao.edu
         434-249-5699 (mobile)
BOFH excuse #452: Somebody ran the operating system
through a spelling checker