[K12OSN] What is important to you?

Odin Nøsen odin at gnuskole.no
Thu Oct 27 16:50:51 UTC 2011

> * Are non-English users out there happily using non-US keyboard layouts
> with K12Linux EL6?  If so, please let us know your configurations so we can
> document it as examples for other users.

Jupp - Norwegians are happy! Our lts.conf looks like this:

[default]
    X_COLOR_DEPTH=16
    LOCALDEV=True
    SOUND=True
    NBD_SWAP=True
    SYSLOG_HOST=server
    LDM_GLOBAL_DMRC=/etc/ltsp/ldm-global-dmrc
    LANG = nb_NO.UTF-8
    LC_MESSAGES = nb_NO.UTF-8
    XKBLAYOUT=no
    LDM_NUMLOCK=true
    SCREEN_01=ldm
    SCREEN_02=shell
    VOLUME=100
    HEADPHONE_VOLUME=90
    PCM_VOLUME=90
    CD_VOLUME=90
    FRONT_VOLUME=90
    TIMEZONE=GMT+01
    TIMESERVER=10.0.255.1
    LDM_DIRECTX=yes
    LDM_DEBUG=no

TIMEZONE doesn't seems to work though...

We've had to make ldm at SCREEN_01 to make the ltsp-client work - to get the
client to boot in graphical mode.

* IMPORTANT: Which operating system should be /opt/ltsp/i386?  Fedora 11?
>  14?  SL6?

SL6!

Odin