[K12OSN] drm i915_hangcheck_elapsed on client

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Wed Sep 7 15:27:13 UTC 2011

I've had my client freeze up, temporarily, a number of times. Not every
day, not with high-frequency, but more than once a week.  Today, after
it recovered, I launched a local xterm and found this in /var/log/messages

Sep  7 11:05:08 client-192 kernel: [drm:i915_hangcheck_elapsed] *ERROR*
Hangcheck timer elapsed... GPU idle, missed IRQ.

The previous log message is from the previous evening, the next if from
me lauching the local xterm.

The client is a Thinkpad 420s with a Core i5 and the integrated Intel
GPU. Since that's a new addition for RHEL/SL 6.1, it's probably not
client related, but I thought I'd bounce it around here first.

roland

--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland at rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court