[K12OSN] Firefox core dumps - CentOS 6

Phydeaux reb at taco.com
Fri Sep 9 17:20:54 UTC 2011

> Maybe this will help
>
> This is what I have on my CentOS 6 boxes from the repos.

Thanks -- I had all of those installed, and at the same versions and from
the same repositories.  I flushed the info yum was storing with 'yum clean all'
and reinstalled all of them.  There was no change in behaviour.  I do note that
my firefox dependency tree did not have these packages listed:

libcanberra-gtk2
pulseaudio-libs-glib2
pycairo
pygtk2

After some more poking around I realized that I hadn't properly disabled the
Adobe flash plugin.  After removing the link in /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins to
/opt/adobe/flash/libflashplayer11_b2_install_lin_64_080811.so firefox worked
once again.

Which flash plugin should I be using?  Clearly this one isn't working. We've
got all 64-bit hardware, but are running 32-bit LTSP thin clients without
local apps.

reb