[K12OSN] drm i915_hangcheck_elapsed on client

I've had my client freeze up, temporarily, a number of times. Not every day, not with high-frequency, but more than once a week. Today, after it recovered, I launched a local xterm and found this in /var/log/messages

Sep 7 11:05:08 client-192 kernel: [drm:i915_hangcheck_elapsed] *ERROR* Hangcheck timer elapsed... GPU idle, missed IRQ.

The previous log message is from the previous evening, the next if from me lauching the local xterm.

The client is a Thinkpad 420s with a Core i5 and the integrated Intel GPU. Since that's a new addition for RHEL/SL 6.1, it's probably not client related, but I thought I'd bounce it around here first.

roland

--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland rlenter com                            6818 Madeline Court