Re: [K12OSN] /etc/ltsp/dhcpd.conf must NOT be a symbolic link

On 09/07/2011 09:05 PM, Brian Fristensky wrote:
My practice is that I never change files in /etc, because I try to cut
down on
the size of things that need to be backed up. Rather, if I want to
change a file, I put a copy
of it in /usr/local/etc, which does get backed up, and then make a symbolic
link to it. Rebuilding a system from scratch is as simple as recreating
those
symbolic links (a very small number) when a system is restored from
backups.

I've been toying with the idea of putting everything in /etc under svn control. Anyone have experience or thoughts on that?

--
Jim Thomas            jomegat jomegat com
 When you have little data, you have lots of freedom. - Olafur Ingolfssonr